Olympia Soirée was the first otome game I ever played, and it’s still by far my favorite. And when I saw an official picture of all the LIs baking a strawberry shortcake, I had to make it. Rum-soaked strawberries, fluffy chantilly cream, and a light spongecake — Japanese strawberry shortcakes are a Christmas classic in Japan. They also happen to be my favorite variation of the classic dessert.
Because it’s not an in-game CG, I’ll be including the inspiration pic below.
|Genoise Cake||Check link|
|Chantilly Cream||Check link|
|Strawberries||Aprox. 20 medium sized|
|Extra Fine Sugar||2 cups|
- Prepare your genoise cake and chantilly cream.
- Mix the rum and sugar together and soak the whole strawberries for about 30 minutes. Afterwards, slice accordingly.
3. Put a layer of the chantilly cream onto the genoise cake and lay on some strawberry slices and cover with more cream.
4. Smooth the chantilly cream and leave a half-inch space on the perimeter for the strawberry halves.
5. Lay the second piece of genoise cake on top and place some chantilly cream on top, smoothing it out like before.
6. Pipe your rosettes onto the cake and decorate with the strawberries.
7. Chill the cake in the fridge for at least 1 hour and you’re ready!
This is by far my favorite dessert I’ve made, and I’m so excited to share it with you all!
Let me know what you all think.