Nil Admirai no Tenbin has become one of my favorite otome game series, and anyone who’s played the game knows that Tsugumi loves pancakes. And according to the in-game CGs, soufflé pancakes.
I’ve put together a mini pancake recipe inspired by the CG, one which you can see if you scroll to the very bottom of this page! I’ll avoid putting it up here because, you know, not everyone likes spoilers. 🙂
|Oat/Dairy Milk||1 tablespoon|
|Extra Fine Sugar||1 tablespoon (adjust to preference)|
|Unsalted Butter||1 tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 tablespoon|
- Separate your egg whites and egg yolks.
- Whip the egg whites until they form stiff peaks, set aside.
3. Whip the egg yolks with the sugar, salt, milk, and vanilla extract. Scoop some of the whipped egg whites (meringue) into the egg yolks and gently fold it together until combined.
4. Mix the remaining meringue into the egg yolk and meringue mix, gently folding it together.
5. Pour the batter into a piping bag and set aside.
6. Heat the oil and butter on LOW LOW HEAT. Once warm, gently pipe your batter into small circles. Cover the pan with a lid, letting the steam gently cook the batter. Flip after 5 minutes, allowing the other side to brown and cook.
7. Serve with your choice of topping.
These are my favorite snack to make after dinner, and I hope you all enjoy it too!
Scroll down for the CG!